Skip to the content
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds zeera
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper
- A pinch of turmeric
- 3 – 4 medium potatoes small cubes
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup coriander dhaniya, for garnish
- 2 green chilies for garnish
- Heat oil. Add onions and fry till light brown.
- Add cumin seeds and cook for a few seconds till they splutter.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric & chili pepper after the cumin seeds have popped and you can smell the aroma. Cook tomatoes for 5 – 10 minutes while mashing with a wooden spoon.
- Add potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add peas with 1 cup water. If you prefer a dryer sabzi then add only ¼th cup of water.
- Cook till potatoes are tender and desired level of gravy is reached. Garnish with green chili and coriander.