- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ham steak, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 large eggs
- 4 asparagus spears, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk (Optional)
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- Step 1 Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until onion is slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham and garlic salt.
- Step 2 Beat eggs, asparagus, and milk together with a whisk or a fork in a bowl; pour over ham mixture. Add whole Provolone cheese slices or break them into pieces. Cook until eggs begin to set, about 3 minutes. Gently fold the omelet in half; cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Any meat or cheese can be added to the omelet.
More asparagus spears can be added if desired.
Per Serving: 739 calories; protein 67.1g; carbohydrates 6.4g; fat 48.8g; cholesterol 531.9mg; sodium 4191.4mg.