- 2 small bananas , halved lengthways
- 100g jumbo porridge oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 150ml milk of your choice, plus extra to serve
- 4 walnuts , roughly chopped
- STEP 1 Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Mash up one banana half, then mix it with the oats, cinnamon, milk, 300ml water and a pinch of salt, and pour into a baking dish. Top with the remaining banana halves and scatter over the walnuts.
- STEP 2 Bake for 20-25 mins until the oats are creamy and have absorbed most of the liquid.
BOOST YOUR MOOD
Bananas and dairy are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan, which the body needs to make the feel-good hormone serotonin. When eaten with a carb source such as oats, the brain can absorb the tryptophan more easily.