- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon colored sprinkles (optional)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl.2 cups flour,½ cup sugar,2 teaspoons baking powder,½ teaspoon salt,1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In another bowl, combine milk,eggs, oil and vanilla.1 cup milk,2 eggs,¼ cup oil,1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased donut pan.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove donuts from oven and allow to cool in pan for a few minutes. Remove donuts from pan and continue cooling on a baking rack. When donuts are completely cool, add glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk into a bowl. Stir until smooth. The consistency should be runny.1 cup powdered sugar,2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder,2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Place one donut at a time face down in the glaze. Pick up and tile donut so excess glaze can drip back into bowl. Place donut on a baking rack, glaze side up.
- Add sprinkles right away. If you wait, the glaze will harden and the sprinkles won’t stick.1 Tablespoon colored sprinkles
- Make certain oven is preheated
- Use a nonstick cooking spray to grease donut pan
- Spoon batter into donut pan.
- Allow donuts to cool slightly in pan for a few minutes, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a baking rack.
- Make certain donuts are fully cooled before adding glaze
- If adding sprinkles, add before glaze sets up
Toppings Some options for sprinkling on top of glazed donuts include:
- Colored sprinkles or nonparalis
- Colored confetti sprinkles
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Slivered almonds
- Coarse sugar
- Chopped nuts