Skip to the content
- 1 loaf brioche bread, cut or torn into 1″ pieces
- ½ cup raisins
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups (490g) whole milk
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (119g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Place bread in an even layer in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Let bread sit out, uncovered, overnight to harden slightly.
- Pour raisins over bread and fold in slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, sugars, cinnamon, and vanilla. Once mixed, pour over bread. Press down to coat all bread. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean (or internal temperature is 160°F).
- After the bread pudding has baked for about 10 minutes, start making the vanilla glaze. The glaze takes about 20 minutes to thicken.
- In a saucepan, add butter, sugar, and heavy whipping cream. Set over medium heat and stir frequently until the mixture begins to thicken (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla and remove the mixture from heat.
- Pour glaze over the top of the bread pudding.