To make dough:
- 1 ½ cups Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Little less than ½ cup Water
To Make Stuffing for Broccoli Paratha Recipe:
- 2 cups or 250 grams Broccoli cut into florets
- ½ of medium or ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) (Or use red or yellow or orange), chopped
- 2 small Green chili chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil + more for frying paratha
- ¼ cup Red onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- Food process the broccoli, pepper and green chili till they are finely chopped. Or you can grate the broccoli and chop rest two using knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add onions and little salt, cook till they are soft and translucent.
- Then add broccoli mixture and remaining salt, cook for 5-6 minutes or there is no moisture left.
- Now mix in spice powders (red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down.
Kneading the dough:
- Mix atta and salt in a bowl.
- Add oil and mix thoroughly using your fingertips.
- Add little oil at a time and keep kneading till you get soft and smooth dough.
- Cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. By this time stuffing will also cool down.
Making Broccoli Paratha Recipe:
- Knead the once again after resting time to make it smooth and then divide into 7 equal portions. Also divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions.
- Take one portion of dough, make smooth ball and flatten between palm.
- Roll into 4 inch diameter circle and place one portion of stuffing in the center.
- Gather the dough edges and seal, again roll into 6-7 inch diameter circle.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat. Once hot place rolled paratha.
- Fry both sides using oil just like we make regular paratha.
- Once cooked from both sides remove it and repeat the same process for rest.
Serving: 1paratha | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.2g | Protein: 2.1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 1.5g