- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 10 chai-flavored black tea bags
- 1/3 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream and hot caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add tea bags. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; continue steeping, covered, 5 minutes.
- Squeeze excess liquid from all tea bags into tea; discard tea bags. Stir in caramel syrup. If desired, top servings with whipped cream and caramel topping.
1-1/4 cups: 112 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.