- Transducer: Phased Array (or “cardiac probe”) can be used for the entirety of the exam.
- Curvilinear can be used as well, however, the cardiac views may be difficult to obtain given the large footprint of the transducer.
- Preset: FAST exam or Abdominal Exam.
- Ultrasound Machine Placement: Place the machine on the patient’s right side. This makes it possible to scan with your right hand and manipulate ultrasound controls with your left hand.
Category: 2. Exam Ultrasound Preparation
- Patient lying supine with the exam table flat or in the Trendelenburg position (this increases the sensitivity of the exam but is not required).