For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 850 gram.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Slice each chicken breast carefully in half lengthwise (horizontally) and place one at a time, between 2 sheets of cling wrap or in a zip lock freezer bag. Carefully flatten the chicken breasts with a rolling pin until they are approximately ¼ inch thick. Don’t pound the breasts too hard as it could tear apart the breast. Ideally, you want flattened chicken breasts to a uniform thickness.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Prepare a shallow plate with flour and dip the chicken into the flour, evenly coating on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Sear the chicken for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown and fully cooked through. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté mushrooms until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add a little more olive oil, if needed.
- Stir in flour, Italian seasoning and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in marsala wine, chicken broth, and cream and whisk well until the sauce is smooth and uniform. Reduce heat to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer until thickened to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to skillet and toss well to coat, allowing the chicken to cook and soak in the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with pasta, rice, or over mashed potatoes.
Total Fat 19.6g, Cholesterol 110.5mg, Sodium 2323.5mg, Total Carbohydrate 10gSugars 1.4g, Protein 28.4g, Vitamin A 107.4µg, Vitamin C 0.8mg,