- For marination –
- Chicken 500 gm
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Other ingredients –
- Rice – 2 cup cooked by adding 4 cup of water
- Onion – 2 no’s chopped
- Green chilies – 3- 4 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander – 1 small bunch chopped
- Mint – 1 small bunch chopped
- Fenugreek leaves – 2 tbs chopped
- Tomato – 1 or 2 chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Rinse chicken for 2 to 3 times in water, drain the water in it completely, add it in a bowl, add salt, turmeric and yogurt , toss it well and set aside for 1 hr.
- Cook rice by adding 4 cup of water and keep ready.
- After marination add marinated chicken in a pan and cook it until done, add water if necessary while cooking, cook until the water in the chicken gets absorbed and set aside.
Keep all the ingredients handy to start.
Heat a wide bottomed pan by adding oil in it, when it is hot add chopped onion, green chilies and fry until onion turns to translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste, fry until raw smell evaporates from it, add chopped tomato, coriander, mint fenugreek leaves, fry until tomato becomes soft.
Add cooked chicken toss it well,
Add spice powder together or add pepper powder finally. Toss it well, add salt to taste, Cook in a low flame for 3 min, close the lid to cook.
Add cooked rice into it, toss it well until the gravy gets coated with the rice properly. cook in a low flame for 2 or 3 min, cover the lid.
Remove from the flame. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves,
Chicken masala rice is ready to Enjoy!!!