Average salary: $71,050
A database administrator uses various software to store and organize the company’s data.
He is also responsible for planning, developing, integrity and security of a database so that it is easily available for the employees to use. This ensures that the data is clearly defined and remains consistent across the database.
Skills needed to become a database administrator:
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the principles of database design and data manipulation languages
- Understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
- Understanding of tools such as MySQL Workbench, Toad, Adminer, and DatabaseSpy.
- Business awareness