The first thing to consider is how to start investing in stocks. Some investors choose to buy individual stocks, while others take a less active approach.
Try this. Which of the following statements best describes you?
- I’m an analytical person and enjoy crunching numbers and doing research.
- I hate math and don’t want to do a ton of “homework.”
- I have several hours each week to dedicate to stock market investing.
- I like to read about the different companies I can invest in, but don’t have any desire to dive into anything math-related.
- I’m a busy professional and don’t have the time to learn how to analyze stocks.
The good news is that regardless of which of these statements you agree with, you’re still a great candidate to become a stock market investor. The only thing that will change is the “how.”