- 1/2 Kg minced mutton (use mutton leg or mutton shoulder which is very fine and reddish in colour, double minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp kebab chini powder
- 1 tsp raw papaya paste (helps to tenderize the meat)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp saffron (mixed in warm milk)
- 1 tsp browned onion, paste
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp gulab jal
- A dash of ittar (a natural perfume oil derived from botanical sources)
- 1 tsp ghee to fry the kebabs
1.Add to the minced meat, salt, chilly, kebab chini, green papaya paste, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, saffron, desi ghee, gulab jal and a dash of ittar.
2.Mix all togethar and very finely. Mixing is a very important part of this recipe.
3.Once done, heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Make flattened rounds of the mixture. You can use little water so that the meat does not stick to your hands.
4.Fry the kebabs.
5.Serve hot. Goes best with sheermal or mughlai parantha.