- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 750 g skinless chicken breast or thigh chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 cm piece of ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves grated or crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon coriander chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- Put the olive oil in a wide, deep saucepan and add the sliced onions. Cook on a low heat, covered with a lid, for 5 minutes until the onions are soft but not brown.
- Take the lid off and add the chunks of chicken. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down and add the grated ginger and garlic together with the turmeric and garam masala, plus a little salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add about 3/4 of the coconut milk, bring to the boil and then turn down and gently simmer for 10 minutes. If you find the curry becomes too dry you can add the rest of the coconut milk.
- After 10 minutes, add the ground almonds and chopped coriander and cook for 1 more minute, then serve with rice and garnish with a little more chopped coriander.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Fat 36g, Saturated Fat 21g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 232mg, Potassium 966mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 1g, Protein 43g,