In nearly every European country localbitcoins is available. Due to the good currency exchange between local currencies and Euro many people in European countries use the big European platforms (Kraken, bitcoin.de) to buy Bitcoins. Since high fees and a big spread on small exchanges can add a huge premium on the price, it is often cheaper to change the local currency into Euro and use the Euro-platforms which mostly accept clients from whole of Europe.
An easy method is to pay with a credit card if available. Your credit card provider earns on the currency exchange spread and fee, but you can buy Bitcoins fast and comfortably.
- Direct: Coinbase is also available for UK citizen to buy Bitcoins with bank transfers and credit cards. Many people from the UK use bittylicious.com, which offers beside bank transfers and credit cards UK-specific payment options like Paym or Barclays Pingit. The fees, however, can be, depending on the payment option, quite large. Another broker who offers a direct exchange
- Exchange: The most popular Exchange in the UK is Coinfloor, followed by and Coinbase‘s GDAX.
- ATM: Recently the national railway company SBB announced that citizens of the Swiss could buy Bitcoins at every ticket machine in every rail station. Payment can be made with Cash or electronic cash; credit cards are not accepted. On top of this person in the Swiss can find Bitcoin ATM operated by bitconsuisse.ch on several places.
- Direct: The broker bitcoinsuisse.ch offers the option to buy Bitcoins with cash and bank transfer. 247exchange.com implemented the option to buy Bitcoins with Franken. Most other direct exchanges like Coinbase, Circle and so on accept Swiss customers but demand them to pay with Euro.
- Exchanges: With BitMarket.pl, BitBay.net, and bitmaszyna.pl Poland has three Bitcoin exchanges where you can buy Bitcoins with relatively good conditions with Zloty.
- Direct: Cubits.com enables the direct acquisition of Bitcoins with NOK.
- Exchange: Norway has one exchange, bitcoinsnorway.com. But the volume is quite low so that buyers pay a premium.
- Direct: Sweden has two Bitcoin broker where you can buy Bitcoin with SEK: bt.cx and fybse.se.
- Direct: The only Danish exchange is coinify.com.
- ATM: With the help of btcu.biz it is possible to buy Bitcoins at any bank ATM in the whole country.
- Direct: Buy.kuna.io offers a direct exchange of Bitcoin for Hryvna. Another direct exchange is btcu.biz.
- Exchange: With kuna.io Ukraine has its own Bitcoin exchange for Hryvna.
Due to the unclear legal situation of Bitcoin in Russia, only a few exchanges and brokers exist. Many people seem to trade with localbitcoins.
- Direct: matbea.com is a direct vendor of Bitcoin for Ruble. It demands the registration of Users with a phone number.
- Exchange: BTC-E is the major exchange to trade Rubel and Bitcoin. It works with a variety of payment providers to allow the deposit of funds.
Asia is the fastest-growing market for Bitcoins. In China, Japan, and South-Korea there is a vivid trade with Bitcoins on exchanges, while Arabian countries like the Emirates are more or less Bitcoin-free. In these countries, the best changes are to find an ATM or a seller on LocalBitcons.
- Exchanges: China has the most liquid Bitcoin exchange landscape in the world. With Huobi, OKCoin and BTC China, you find the exchanges with by far the biggest volume. These exchanges charge zero fees, and as a result, the spread is extremely low. Beside them are many further exchanges.
- Direct: The most popular direct exchange broker for Yen is bitflyer.jp. The broker offers a wide spectre of verification degrees – from E-Mail full KYC – and charges very low fees.
- Exchange: With Quoine, Coincheck, and three exchanges serve the Japanese market. While they can‘t compete with Chinese exchanges regarding liquidity, they provide a good service to cheaply buy Bitcoins.
- Direct: A Bitcoin-Broker for Thailand is bitcoin.co.th. Another broker, coins.co.th, adds a comfortable online wallet.
- Exchange: With bx.in.th Thailand has its own Bitcoin exchange.
- Direct and ATM: coinplug.com offers a variety of services to buy and sell Bitcoins. They provide two unique ATM in Seoul, enable the purchase of Bitcoin in thousands of ATMs in the country by partnering with an ATM producer and provide the option to buy Bitcoins with several gift cards.
- Exchange: With korbit.co.kr South Korea has a well-developed exchange that offers not only the trading with Bitcoin but also wallets for all devices and remittance service. Also, coinplug.com has an exchange.
- Direct: An address to buy, sell, save and send Bitcoin is unocoin.com, Indias biggest Bitcoin-vendor. More or less the same offers zebpay.com, another big platform for Bitcoins in India. Like every exchange in India, those two platforms require in identity verification.
- Exchange: Coinsecure.in is both an online-wallet as an exchange.
The Philippines have an amazing variety of platforms where you can buy Bitcoins.
- Gift cards: On prepaidbitcoin.ph you can redeem voucher cards you can buy in several locations in the Philippines.
- Direct: buybitcoin.ph is one vendor for Bitcoins, coins.Ph another. Coins.ph accept a wide specter of payment channels like cash deposits at banks, online transfers and vouchers available nationwide in stores.
- Exchanges: With coinage.ph and BTCexchange.ph the Philippines have two Bitcoin exchanges.
While Bitcoin is not regulated in Turkey, after the failed coup and the increasing restrictions by the government there seems to be growing pressure on Bitcoin companies.
- Gift-card: With bitupcard.com you can buy the voucher that is redeemable for Bitcoins online.
- Direct: koinim.com is a platform where you can directly buy Bitcoin and Litecoin with Lira.
- Exchange: BTCTurk.com is Turkey‘s first Bitcoin exchange. Here you can buy and sell Bitcoins. Recently BTCTurk had trouble with its bank account, and there have been rumours it has to shut down. But by now it still seems to be operating.