Causes of Carbon monoxide

First Aid Treatment

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a life-threatening emergency. If you suspect that someone has signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, get them outside into fresh air immediately. Call 911.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include headache, fatigue, nausea, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, confusion, irregular heartbeats, or blurry vision.

If you can quickly and safely do so, turn off the source of carbon monoxide.

If the person is unresponsive and isn’t breathing, start CPR right away. Continue until they breathe on their own, someone else can take over CPR, or paramedics arrive. If you’re alone with the person, do CPR for two minutes and then call 911.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *