Skip to the content
- 500g ling (or other firm white fish)
- 1 cup (50g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (80g) cornflakes, crushed
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sunflower oil to shallow fry
- Lemon wedges and green salad to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 1.Cut the ling into 2-3cm thick slices.
- 2.Combine the panko and cornflakes in a bowl, then place the plain flour and eggs in separate bowls and season each.
- 3.Coat each piece of fish in the flour, then the egg, and finally the cornflake mixture. (For the adults, add fennel seeds and chilli flakes to the cornflake mixture.)
- 4.Heat 1cm oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. In batches, cook the fish for 2 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Drain.
- 5.For the tartare, combine ingredients, season and drizzle with oil. Serve fish fingers with tartare, lemon and green salad.