- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 slices challah or brioche bread
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a shallow dish like an 8×8″ pan or pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Melt butter on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches if needed, dip both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture, then fry until golden brown in the butter. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Transfer to a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with your favorite syrup or honey.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 837IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 4mg