- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Sprinkles, optional
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in the egg, food coloring and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. If desired, decorate with sprinkles.
1 cookie: 103 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.