Just like the rest of your body, your immune system needs nourishment, rest, and a healthy environment to stay strong. Certain lifestyle changes can boost your immune system and help you avoid illness. To keep your immune system running smoothly, you should:
- Quit smoking.
- Lose weight or maintain a healthy body mass.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid alcohol or use it only in moderation.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Wash your hands often.
- Try to stress less and focus on mind/body wellness.
- Make sure you’re up-to-date on vaccines.