These steps can protect the health of your circulatory system:
- Aim for at least 150 minutes of physical activity every week.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet rich in vegetables and fiber and low in saturated fats and processed foods. Consider a Mediterranean-style diets or plant-based diet, as they appear to be the most heart healthy.
- Find healthy ways to ease stress.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Manage conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Get help to quit smoking.