Skip to the content
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g very soft butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
- 200g very soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
- food colouring, sprinkles, marshmallows etc
- STEP 1 Ask a grown-up helper to turn the oven on to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put a paper case in hole of a 12-hole bun tin.
- STEP 2 Put the sugar and butter (it must be soft or you won’t be able to mix it properly) in a bowl and mix it together. Sift in the flour.
- STEP 3 Break the eggs into a separate bowl (spoon out any bits of shell that fall in) and add them to the bowl with the vanilla. Mix everything together.
- STEP 4 Divide between the cases using a spoon, scraping it off with a knife. Ask a grown-up helper to put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5 Mix the butter and icing sugar to make a creamy icing. Add colouring, if you like. Push an icing nozzle into an icing bag, then scoop in the icing.
- STEP 6Let the cakes cool completely in the tray. Pipe icing onto each cake and decorate with marshmallows or sprinkles, or whatever you like.