- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange paste food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled cookies.
1 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.