- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, Large, Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Grated
- 2 Tomatoes, Medium size, Roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Yogurt, Full fat
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp Garam masala
- Salt , To taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1.5 pounds Chuck roast , Cut into small cubes, Or use stew meat
- 2 tbsp Cilantro , Finely chopped, For garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute for a few minutes until onion is golden brown.
- Turn off Instant pot.
- Add tomatoes, yogurt, cilantro, red chili flakes, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, water and use a hand- held blender to puree everything. Don’t worry if it’s not super smooth.
- Add meat and mix until coated.
- Put the lid on and turn up the the valve to “Sealing.”
- Select “Manual” mode and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the cook time is over, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir the curry.
- Cook uncovered, on “Saute” mode for a little longer to reduce the liquid and thicken the curry.
- Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
calories: 412kcal, carbohydrates: 8g, protein: 35g, fat: 28g, saturated fat: 9g, cholesterol: 119mg, sodium: 160mg, potassium: 805mg, fiber: 2g, sugar: 4g, vitamin a: 801IU, vitamin c: 12mg, calcium: 73mg, iron: 4mg