- 1 kg mutton shoulder chop, , see notes
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoon butter, , optional
- 3/4 -1 tablespoon freshly grounded black pepper, , more for garnish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup water, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Few Fresh corriander leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Put all ingredients in a pot and stir well. Cook for 30-45 minutes on medium low heat until very soft and tender.
- Cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes with constant stirring until oil separates. (Do not dry out all water, a little watery gravy should keep meat moist.)
- Garnish with black pepper, fresh coriander leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
Shoulder chop works best for pepper lamb but if you use any other cut make sure it is meat on bone and is high in fat like ribs.