- 1-1 1/2 kg lamb leg cubes, boneless
- 500 gm desi ghee
- 6 onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, crushed
- 2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 3-5 bay leaf
- 3 green cardamom
- 2 cinnamon (whole)
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds (whole)
- 1 tsp mace (javitri)
- 1 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/2 Tbsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 serving spoon cream
- Wash lamb cubes well and strain excess water.
2. Now heat desi ghee in a pan and saute onion till light brown.
3. Then add crushed ginger, garlic paste and saute.
4. Next, add all the other spices with tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep adding water as required.
5. Now add mutton. Cook for 10-15 minutes more.
6. Add 1 liter water and steam on low flame for 30 minutes, or till tender.
7. Turn up flame and add yogurt and cream mixed together. Keep stirring till it comes to a boil, to avoid splitting of yogurt.
8. Cook till gravy becomes thick and a little dry.
9. Serve with naan or steamed rice