Average salary: $130,085
As the name suggests, a machine learning engineer should be an expert at machine learning algorithms. He simply puts machine learning models into production.
He does not have to understand the predictive models and mathematics, but just the tools that make the models usable (data analysis, database management, etc).
Skills needed to become a machine learning engineer:
- Programming languages: R, Python, C/C++, Java
- Probability and statistics
- Data modeling and evaluation
- Advanced machine learning algorithms
- Distributed computing: Apache Hadoop and cloud services
- Advanced signal processing techniques/algorithms: wavelets, shearlets, curvelets.