Skip to the content
- 1 kg – basmati, washed and drained
- 250 g – beef (medium cubes, pressure cooked with onions, whole spices-drain meat and reserve stock)
- 250 g – chicken cut into medium sized cubes
- 200 g – prawns, shelled and deveined
- 3 – tomatoes (blanched and de-skinned)
- 1 – large capsicum, cubed
- 1 – lemon (juice)
- garlic cloves, crushed lightly
- few whole spices for tempering (bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, mace, black pepper)
- olive oil
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, heat few tbsp of olive oil. Add whole spices. Add Chicken pieces.
- Sear chicken pieces until lightly browned.
- Add boiled beef pieces. Stir.
- Add capsicum pieces. Stir.
- Add rice and blanched tomatoes.
- Crush tomatoes with spatula into the rice. Mix well.
- Add beef stock and water to cook the rice.
- Add garlic cloves, lemon juice and salt.
- Close the pan. Bring to boil.
- Open lid and add prawns.
- Check seasoning.
- Close the lid and simmer on low heat till all the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves.