Skip to the content
- 1 packet buckwheat or regular noodles (350-400 g)
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks or spring onion with greens
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 litre prepared thicker dashi
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp miso paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grated silken tofu
- Prepare noodles and keep hot in a strainer placed over hot water till required.
- Sprinkle a little salt on radish and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Press out all juice and keep aside till required.
- Heat brown sugar in a small pan. Stir gently and melt completely.
- Add water and stir till it starts Boiled.
- Allow sugar and water to blend to a golden solution.
- Take off fire, allow cooling a little.
- Dissolve miso paste in 1/4 cup dashi. Strain into remaining dashi.
- Mix dashi, sugar, prepared sugar solution, soya sauce and salt in a deep vessel.
- Heat till it becomes very hot, but don’t bring it to a boil. Before serving:
- Remove noodles into a serving dish.
- Mix in tenderized radish, leeks.
- Put in 4 individual helpings in bowl.
- Pour hot broth over them.
- Garnish with grated tofu.
- Serve hot in individual bowls.