Skip to the content
- 2cups milk
- 1/4cup butter
- 2eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 6cups soft bread cubes (about 6 slices bread)
- 1/2cup raisins, if desired
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- 2In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- 3Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Serve warm with whipping cream.