- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 potato, sliced into 1/4-inch round
- Step 1 Rinse and drain rice 2 times.
- Step 2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice and salt; cook for 6 minutes. Drain in a colander. Rinse rice and drain again.
- Step 3 Put oil in the bottom of the pot and place potato slices in a single layer over top. Pour cooked rice on top of potato slices, cover, and cook over low heat until rice and potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Invert carefully onto a serving plate so sliced potatoes are on top of rice.
Per Serving: 288 calories; protein 5.4g; carbohydrates 55.2g; fat 5.3g; sodium 389.7mg.