- 1 Kg Pumpkin (cut into 1 “dices), peeled
- 1 1/2 stick Cinnamon
- 150 ml Water
- 150 gram Grain sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter / oil / pure ghee
- 50 gram Raisins
- 2 tbsp Coconut (grated), roasted
- 2 tbsp Almonds (flaked), roasted
- Place the pumpkin, water and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cover and cook until tender. Drain and mash the pumpkin.
2. In a large pan, heat 4 tbsp of oil until hot.
3. Add the pumpkin while stirring continuously.
4. Allow the puree to reduce, thicken and darken, for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in enough sugar to sweeten. Continue cooking until the halwa reduces into a deep amber & glossy mixture.
6. Spoon into a serving dish & serve hot, decorated with raisins, coconut and almonds.