- 1 1/4 cup quinoa
- 7 cups milk I used 2%
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 10 almonds slivered
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 8 strawberries optional
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups milk: In pressure cooker – for 10 minutes (until 1st whistle, then cook 1 minute longer). On stovetop – on medium boil for 10-15 minutes
- Heat ghee in separate pot and add cooked quinoa. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 5 cups milk let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Then add sugar and cardamom. Let boil on low-medium for 10-15 minutes until mixture is a thicker consistency.
- Add slivered almonds and mix. Turn off heat.
- Optional – Puree strawberries adding in a tbsp of water as needed to help blend. Top or mix into kheer for a strawberry swirl.
Strawberry topping optional
Calories: 284kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 9gFat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 75mg, Potassium: 374mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 281IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 210mg, Iron: 1mg,