- 1 Kg meat-cut into pieces
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- 1 cup pure ghee
- 4 Cloves
- 8 Green cardamoms
- 5 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp onion paste-fried
- 4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder-dissolved in a cup of water
- 1/2 tsp 1saffron-ground and added to 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup dry cockscomb (mawal) flowers-heated with a cup of water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Boil the meat in the water; remove the scum with a ladle until the water is clear.
2. Add the salt and the garlic. Boil until the meat is half done.
3. Remove from heat and take out the pieces of the meat. Wash them in a pan of cold water. Keep the meat aside. Then strain the water through a fine sieve and collect it in another pan.
4. Return this pan to the heat and bring the water to a boil and add the meat. Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a pan; add the cloves, and saute until they crackle.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle a tbsp of water and cover.
6. To the boiling water, add the green cardamoms, turmeric powder, clove-flavored ghee and the onion paste. Boil for another 10 minutes.
7. Stir in the red chilli water. Reduce heat and cook covered until the meat is tender.
8. Add the cockscomb flower extract, saffron water and black pepper powder.
9. Mix well and bring rapidly to a boil.