For the Salad:
- 1 (425g) Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed (aka Garbanzo)
- 1/4 C (55g) + 1 Tbs Dill Pickles finely chopped
- 1/4 C (35g) Purple Onion finely chopped, about 1/2 an onion
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Just Mayo or Vegenaise or mayo of choice
- 2 1/2 tsp Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill fresh-chopped
- 1/8 tsp Ground Turmeric optional for color and health!
- 8-10 grinds of fresh Black Pepper
For the Sandwich (options):
- Multigrain Bread or Optional Gluten Free Bread
- Shredded Carrots
- Using a potato masher, rough-mash the chickpeas until most is smashed but there are still some whole chickpeas left. Add the pickles, onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, dill, optional turmeric and black pepper. Mix well. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
- Store in a covered container for up to two days. Delicious alone or piled high on multigrain with accompanying veggies.
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate. If this information is important to you, please have it verified independently.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 5mg