Skip to the content
5 Don’ts to help protect your SSN
- Do not carry your SSN card with you daily or any documents that display your SSN – Keep them in a safe place and only bring them with you when you need them
- Do not put your SSN on your checks or other identifying documents
- Do not give out your SSN (or any other personal information) if YOU did not initiate the conversation with the contact.
- Do not use your SSN as an ID number on payroll or any other documents
- Do not use your SSN as your pin or the last four digits as a pin.