Solidity is a brand-new programming language created by the Ethereum which is the second-largest market of cryptocurrency by capitalization, released in the year 2015 led by Christian Reitwiessner. Some key features of solidity are listed below:
- Solidity is a high-level programming language designed for implementing smart contracts.
- It is statically-typed object-oriented(contract-oriented) language.
- Solidity supports complex user-defined programming, libraries and inheritance.
- Solidity is primary language for blockchains running platforms.
- Solidity can be used to creating contracts like voting, blind auctions, crowdfunding, multi-signature wallets, etc.
Solidity is an object-oriented, high-level language for implementing smart contracts. Smart contracts are programs which govern the behaviour of accounts within the Ethereum state.
Solidity is statically typed, supports inheritance, libraries and complex user-defined types among other features.
With Solidity you can create contracts for uses such as voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, and multi-signature wallets.
When deploying contracts, you should use the latest released version of Solidity. Apart from exceptional cases, only the latest version receives security fixes. Furthermore, breaking changes as well as new features are introduced regularly.