- ½ recipe homemade pizza dough, or you can use store-bought dough
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 12 ounces spicy sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mini sweet peppers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- If you are using homemade pizza dough, make it according to the recipe instructions. If you are using store-bought dough, remove it from the packaged and shape it into a 12-inch circle. Spray your pizza pan with non-stick spray and dust lightly with flour and gently transfer the dough to your prepared pizza pan.
- Adjust the rack to the lower middle of the oven and preheat to 475ºF.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the crust leaving a 1-inch bare rim around the edge. Sprinkle the sausage, onion, and peppers over the sauce. Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Rotate halfway through the cooking time.
- Drizzle the chili oil over the top and sprinkle with red pepper. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
*½ pound of store-bought pizza dough can be used instead **If you like an extra kick of heat, try mixing 1 tablespoon of chili oil into the marinara sauce before spreading it over the crust.