Average salary: $80,021
A statistician is required to have an understanding of the changing market trends, collecting them, analyzing them, and converting that information into a useful format. As the name suggests, they must have a very strong background in statistics.
A statistician is a term that was earlier used for data scientists. So basically their work is very similar. A data scientist is just a level higher.
Skills needed to become a statistician:
- Mathematical ability and computer literacy
- A clear understanding of statistical concepts: descriptive and inferential
- Analytical skills
- Programming skills: R
- Written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate results and findings to non-statisticians
- A high level of accuracy and attention to each and every detail and mistake