Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
For the strawberry compote
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters, about 3 cups
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, adjust as per desired sweetness
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
STEP 1: MAKE THE STRAWBERRY COMPOTE.
- In a saucepan or skillet, combine chopped strawberries with sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix well, and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. The strawberries will release their juices. Turn on the heat, bring the strawberry mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook until the strawberries begin to soften (mash the strawberries with a wooden ladle) and juices reduce to a thick, syrupy liquid (about 10 minutes). Remove the pan from heat, transfer to a bowl, let it cool down completely.
STEP 2: MAKING THE WHIPPED CREAM
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment/or use a hand blender, add in the chilled heavy cream, beat on medium-high speed until it forms soft peaks.
STEP 3: ASSEMBLING THE STRAWBERRY FOOL
layer some strawberry compote at the bottom of the serving glass or jar, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Make as many layers as you’d like, finishing with the strawberry compote as the last layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with chopped strawberries! Enjoy!