Snake bite symptoms may vary depending on what type of snake bit you. However, some general symptoms accompany many snake bites.
Snake bites can result in some common, general symptoms, including:
- Puncture wounds from the bite
- Swelling, pain, or bruising
- Redness or darkening skin color
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sweating, fever, or chills
- Weakness, dizziness, or fainting
- Trouble breathing
Just as a person may be allergic to insect bites and stings, some people may also have an allergy to snake bites and venom. Keep an eye out for allergy symptoms, especially severe allergic reactions, like anaphylaxis.