- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot or other fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake until edges are light brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Fill with preserves.
1 cookie: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.