- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- Ground allspice
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. With end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add tea bags, honey and boiling water; steep, covered, 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heatproof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Top servings with whipped cream; sprinkle with allspice.
To Make Ahead: Whipped cream can be made a couple of hours in advance; cover and refrigerate.
1 cup (with 2-1/2 tablespoons topping): 131 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.