- 3/4 cup coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- ½ inch ginger – chopped
- 1 or 2 green chili – chopped
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- black salt or regular salt or rock salt as required
- little water to grind the chutney
- few drops of lemon juice
For Veg Cheese Sandwich
- 8 to 10 slices of brown bread or white bread or whole wheat bread
- 1 medium size tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 small capsicum (green bell pepper) – thinly sliced
- 1 boiled beetroot, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 boiled potato, thinly sliced
- ½ to 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese or regular cheese add cheese as required
- butter at room temperature to apply on the breads
- chaat masala or sandwich masala to sprinkle on the veggies
- black salt to sprinkle on the veggies
1. First prep everything before you start preparing the sandwiches. Prepare the chutney. Here I made Coriander-mint chutney. also, slice the veggies and grate the cheese. The cheese added is cheddar cheese.
2. Slice the edges of the bread if you prefer. Spread butter evenly on all the slices. Make sure the butter covers the entire of bread. A generous coating of butter does not allow the bread to become soggy, when you apply the chutney.
3. Spread the mint-coriander chutney on all the bread slices.
4. Place the onion, tomato, potato and capsicum slices. Sprinkle some chaat masala or sandwich masala on them. Also, sprinkle a pinch of black salt evenly.
5. Now top with grated cheese.
6. Cover the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
7. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes till the bread gets toasted well and golden. Toast the remaining sandwiches in the same way.
8. Spread some butter on top of the hot sandwiches and Serve veg cheese toast sandwich hot with the remaining chutney and tomato sauce.