For pressure cooking vegetables (total 2 cups of your choice):
- ½ cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ cup Green peas
- ¼ cup Carrot cubed
- ¼ cup Cauliflower (gobi) florets
- ¼ cup Green beans (French beans) cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped
For making vegetable paratha dough:
- ¼ cup Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 ½ cups Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta) + more for dusting while rolling
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons Water or as needed
- Oil as needed to cook paratha
- Pressure cook or steam or microwave the vegetables till soft and cooked. If pressure cooking then see the step by step photo instruction (We are not cooking the vegetables into water otherwise the mixture will have too much moisture we end up with soggy dough).
- Let the vegetables cool slightly, then mash them using potato masher along with grated ginger, chopped green chili and coriander leaves.
- In a bowl take whole wheat flour, salt, sesame seeds and all the spice powders. Mix well.
- Add mashed vegetable mixture and start mixing with your hand.
- Knead into smooth, soft dough. Add very little water as needed to make the dough.
- Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes
Making mixed vegetable paratha recipe:
- Again knead and make 12-13 smooth balls, flatten them to make discs.
- Now roll one disc into 5-6 inch diameter circle.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat. Once hot place rolled paratha and cook for few seconds or till you see few bubbles on top.
- Now flip and cook other side. Apply little oil, flip and cook by pressing slightly using spatula till the bottom has golden brown spots.
- Then again apply little oil, flip and cook same way.
- Place into insulated container and repeat the same for rest.
Serving: 2paratha | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.5g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 1.7g