Like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash is a digital currency that can be used to complete transactions.
- You can buy and sell goods and services, and use BCH as a medium of exchange.
- Because of the speed at which BCH is processed, Bitcoin Cash could be used for everyday spending in a way that BTC, which is considered clunky by today’s standards, can’t.
- While it might make sense to use BTC as a store of value or for large purchases (think cars or houses) that don’t need instant processing, Bitcoin isn’t practical for quick transactions like paying for your lunch. BCH fills that role and can be used for daily purchases.
- It’s also used as a peer-to-peer system of sending money to others. You could send BCH to a friend, no matter where in the world they live, and the friend could use that BCH for transactions or convert it to their local currency.
- Finally, for those interested in cryptocurrency investing, BCH can be one way to diversify, and potentially add growth to, a portfolio.