How to quickly treat burns at home

When to Call 911

Call 911 if there is charring (blackened skin) or blistering (bubbles on the skin) in the following areas:

  • The face
  • The genitals
  • All the way around a wrist, arm, leg or ankle
  • Covering most of a foot or hand
  • Anywhere on the body covering an area bigger than the size of the chest

Don’t be afraid to call 911 if you believe this is an emergency regardless of whether the injury matches this list or not. You are always the best judge of whether or not you need help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *